Two short videos about growing and harvesting Chia. Chia is really easy to grow. It is drought resistance and insects don’t seem to like eating it?! Chia seeds are among the healthiest foods; they call it a “superfood”.
A 1 ounce (28 grams) serving of chia seeds contains:
- Fiber: 11 grams.
- Protein: 4 grams.
- Fat: 9 grams (5 of which are Omega-3s).
- Calcium: 18% of the RDA.
- Manganese: 30% of the RDA.
- Magnesium: 30% of the RDA.
- Phosphorus: 27% of the RDA.
- They also contain a decent amount of Zinc, Vitamin B3 (Niacin), Potassium, Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) and Vitamin B2.
Another area where chia seeds shine is in their high amount of antioxidants!
No pesticides, no herbicides, no insecticides, and no fertilizers. Nothing but love and sunshine!